Friday, February 3, 2012

New Look- How to Create a Banner

Since I haven't been doing such a good job on improving myself lately, I thought maybe my blog could use a little face lift!  I have wanted to make a new banner for my title for awhile now, but still don't have the pictures taken for what banner design I had in mind, so I thought I could do something EVEN BETTER, and make my banner be all pictures of Ava for now :)

It is really easy to change your banner... I used Picasa in order to create it.  All I did was use the collage function, and resized the pictures to only take up about the top quarter of the space.  You have to stretch and scale them a bit to make them the right size.  I then used the text box function in order to add my blog's title under the photos... they have an amazing selection of fonts to use.  You can also edit in Picnik (FYI Piknik is going away in April) to add words, effects, but I just used Picasa itself.  You then crop your image to just your banner and save it. When you save it to your computer, you will likely need to choose the export option.  Make sure your size is 1024 pixels if you have a regular template for Blogger, if you have a smaller template, you may have to re-export and try the 600 or 800 size pixels.

To change your title on Blogger, you select Design, and go to your header.  When you click Edit, you will have the option to check "instead of title and description", and then can upload your photo that you just exported.  Make sure you do not do any resizing or select shrink to fit.

Wallah!  A new banner for your blog that looks a little more fancy and a lot cuter :)  Once I have more pictures I can change up my banner however and whenever I would like!

4 comments:

  1. Muchas gracias, es muy interesante.
    Thank you very much, is very interesting and did not know.
    Charo
    www.cosiendoyaprendiendo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you give it a try and need some more pointers, email me and I can try to help.

      Delete
  2. i love this!!!!! i have been working on a new blog and this will come in very very handy! thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked this! I popped over to your blog, and I see we are in a similar place. Good luck, and if you have any questions about how to figure out the banner, let me know... I will try to help!

      Delete