Monday, February 6, 2012

Motivation Monday- Steering Myself in the Right Direction


I have brains in my head, and for once I used them today to make a smart choice about my lunch.  Because when it all boils down to it, that is really what weight loss is all about.  Making smart decisions.

I had gone out seeking Chinese food for lunch, and was going to go to Panda Express... I know... might as well have gone to McDonald's.   And yes, I know that there are Chinese food places around that steam your food, or will omit cornstarch... and you can choose the vegetarian dishes and opt for brown rice.  But I forgot my coat at home and it was 35 degrees out, so I wanted to drive through.  When I pulled up to the Panda Express, it reminded me that a Fruitful Yield had gone in next door.  Full of organic foods, and much better options than mystery meat.  So, as I began to pull into the drive though, I said to myself, "make the better choice".  And I did.  I whipped my little car right around, parked, and walked into Fruitful Yield where I bought myself a frozen organic lunch that was about 300 calories.  Just think of what it would have been if I had chosen the double entree at Panda!

I know I have just not been in the mood for working on my weight loss lately... I have been hungry, and tired, and cold!  But today I used my brain to steer myself in the direction of my choosing.  The smart direction, the direction that will lead me down the path to losing weight.

2 comments:

  1. I love Dr Seuss and have never heard that quote before! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked this one! I liked that it is a reminder that everything I am doing is a CHOICE! I can choose to be different :)

      Delete