Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Two!

The number of days I worked out this week so far... is two! Two is better than zero, and I still have an opportunity to work out 3 more days this week :) I started off with a brisk walk up and down the hilly part of the golf course, and then moved into following the Couch to 5k routine with running for about a minute and walking for about 90 seconds for 20 minutes. While I was running, I couldn't help but feel good... the temperature was nice for a change, it wasn't raining, AND I went to the bathroom before I worked out.

Yep, the bathroom is key. Not to be gross, but for some reason when lactic acid builds up in my calf muscles, it makes me have to poop. This has always been a problem for me. My stinkin' calf muscles are a huge hurdle for me, one of those things that cause me to pause and want to stay home and eat a bon bon. Because running while having to stop every 30 ft to cross my legs and hold it? ...is no fun. So I was running along, getting into a rhythm, until the familiar build up began. I was able to slide by (pun intended) with letting a little air escape, and I went back to feeling good... until someone lapped me. I was squinting to see who it was, but he was too fast, and it was too dark! I just hope he wasn't running downwind, and I fervently hope it was not my neighbor's husband! When I got home, Jack Sprat wanted to know where I went... and you see, I just don't want to talk about it! Where else would have I gone with my ipod, in my stretchy pants, running shoes, and leg warmers? Just kidding! I don't have leg warmers, but they would be awesome. Maybe I will look for some online, but I digress.

Anyway, mini-goal for the remainder of this month: knock off the sugar! Only Splenda for my coffee. Deal with the withdrawal and then work on my other couple of vices... bread and cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment