So, after I cut out my pattern, and figured out how to attach the interfacing, I sewed my first piece together. I felt so proud. Even though I apparently need to go back to Kindergarten to learn how to cut a straight line, I got it all together.
And then pressed my seam up to the top of my bag before turning over to add the top stitch.
I even made the top-stitch look pretty. People who know how to sew have to be rolling their eyes right now, but seriously... I did it on my first try without messing up.
Then disaster struck... after getting the first side put together, I had to re-do the second side THREE times, before I got it put together the right way. Honestly, I do not know where my head was... although I could venture a guess here ;-)
See.. wrong way... when I flip it up, the brown will be the wrong way!
And again... seams are supposed to be on the inside of the bag.
And the third time... I started to sew the piece upside down... again. Are you kidding me! I almost threw myself out the window.
The right way... with the colorful (non-interfacing side) touching on both pieces before you sew, so that when opened the seam is on the inside and you can top stitch through it all.
Whew... that was exhausting. And it took me all night to sew 4 pieces of fabric together. This was going to be one post... but I have to split it into two because all these mistakes is making my tote take forever!
Very excited about my appointment at the Center for Health and Fitness tomorrow... ready for some big changes to occur!