Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 6 ~ New Goal

Since I started the Detox on Sunday, my official week one weigh in will be in two days.  I am excited (if not apprehensive) about my weigh in, because I am really hoping this diet will help me jump start my weight loss journey more than the month and a half of intense exercising did.

Once again, let me tell you that starting this Detox right now is SO hard!  The temptation is all around me, and it is pretty time consuming to try to process veggies every night for my meals.  It makes it double-difficult to try to process veggies while making dinner for my daughter, while she is hanging on my legs wanting attention.  It makes it triple hard because my dear husband is addicted to both the Food Network and baking sweets, and so I have mouth watering food all around me, constantly.

On the positive note, I think my energy level has been higher lately, and I feel better about myself.  I like to imagine my meals as healthy fuel and vitamins for my body, which is a refreshing change from it being an obsession.  My Goal for Week 2 of this Detox: Get Moving!  Exercise at least 4 days next week.

So for dinner tonight, I made Gazpacho using organic produce.  Not as satisfying as it would be on a hot summer night, but tasty still.

Gazpacho 
1 English Cucumber, halved and de-seeded
4 Roma Tomatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
Bag of Baby Bell Peppers (you can also use a couple of Red Peppers), cut into pieces
1 Onion (I used a sweet onion, you can also use Red Onion)
3 Cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups of Tomato juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black pepper, to taste

Using a food processor, process each vegetable separately, and place into a large mixing bowl.  It is important to not overdo it while processing, as you want the veggies to be chopped, not pulverized.  Stir in the tomato juice, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment