Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas- Treats for Mr. Claus

This year, I started a new tradition in our household.  I wanted to let my husband know how much I care about him, while combining a few of his favorite treats.

Fairy Tale Cookie from Movable Feast.

So... I am in the middle of giving him 12 days of little surprises for him to find.  I admit, I have no idea when the 12 days of Christmas really is.  Does it start December 1st?  December 13th and end on Christmas Eve?  December 14th and end Christmas Day?  Or is it the the time between Christmas and the Epiphany?  Anyway, I couldn't wait so I just started it.

So far, here is what I have come up with, again, based on treats I know he likes.  I leave him a little note that says "On the First Day of Christmas, my True Love gave to me, a little note to say..."

1- I'm nuts about you. (little canister of nuts)
2- I love you to pieces. (Reese's Pieces)
3- I wouldn't trade you in for anything. (100 Grand bar)
4- I would feel like a fish out of water without you. (Swedish fish)
5- Take a little break when work is leaving you stressed. (Take 5)
6- Thank you for being my fairy tale ending. (Fairy Tale Cookies)
7- I think you're a cutie!  Hubba Hubba! (Hot Tamales)



I have all of the rest planned out, but since I know he will snoop to find out what else he gets, I will have to update this post as I go along.

I am really loving this idea so far, and as Ava gets older, I will have to include her in the tradition.

p.s.  If you live in the area, you must try the Fairy Tale cookies... right now they have the original (slightly almond flavored), as well as Maple (they sometimes have Rose Water, Coconut, Cocoa, Citrus).  Some day I will figure out how to make this icing.  It literally melts in your mouth when you bite into it.  This is seriously the best frosted sugar cookie on the planet.  Yes.  The planet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment