Friday, December 9, 2011

Sticking to it while eating out, another celebration.

One more thing I proved to myself while sticking to my detox.  I can follow the rules, and still go out to eat with my friends.  It just takes a little planning.  Suggesting ideas for places to eat is also helpful since then you know you can find healthy food.  Today, I went to Movable Feast for lunch.  They are so wonderful, and I really love their dishes.  Look at how beautiful my lunch was!


I sampled their Beet Salad, the Roasted Butternut Squash with Arugula and Hazelnuts, and the Hearts of Palm Salad.  It was a toss up between the Hearts of Palm salad and the Roasted Butternut Squash for my favorite.  I took close ups in order to remember the ingredients so that I could attempt to recreate some day soon.  The Beet Salad is in the top/rear of the photo... it was made of beets, jicama, orange slices, a green herb (can't remember if it was mint, or parsley, or basil), and cayenne pepper.  It had a bit of a kick!

 The Hearts of Palm salad appeared to have a little olive oil, salt/pepper, tomatoes (grape?),  red onion, avocados, hearts of palm, and cucumber.  Oh and perhaps basil.  I am not certain if there was a little vinegar or if it was just the hearts of palm.


The roasted squash was pretty self explanatory.  It was the roasted butternut squash, arugula, and toasted hazlenuts, a little salt/pepper, perhaps just a bit of olive oil.

I left the Movable Feast with a couple of good recipe ideas, and a happy belly.

Inspired by the roasted squash, I attempted a version of just squash for supper tonight.  I tossed some pre-cut butternut squash (mistake one- to be honest, it was on its way out... it was a little 'wet'- I should have roasted it a few days ago) with EVOO.  Salted it, and placed in the oven at 425 degrees. 



I then mixed Balsamic Vinegar and Honey together, and tossed to coat it (mistake 2- should have tossed it all together BEFORE roasting).  All in all, it looked nice, and the flavor was good... but it wasn't as crispy as I would have liked.


Thanks to those of you that have sent me comments these past few days!  You are keeping me inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment