Sunday, December 4, 2011

I got this! Detox Week 1 Recap

I made it through my first week!  And... drumroll please... my weigh in reveals -5 lbs.   Hooray!  One week of watching what I eat, has gotten better results than 6 weeks of an intense exercise regimen.  Let's see what happens this week when I combine the two.

For the past week, according to the Standard Process kit directions, I have been taking 2 SP Complete shakes per day, 7 SP Cleanse capsules 3 times per day, and 3 Gastro Fiber capsules 3 times per day.  I also added a parasite cleanser that I got from my Aunt, which is called WRM, and I take 2 dropperfuls of this 3 times per day.  Hey, go big or go home, right?

The hardest part of the capsule regimen is that you have to take them on an empty stomach.  Which means I can take the pills, wait an hour, and then eat, OR I can eat, wait 2 hours, and then take the pills.  I am allowed to take the shake with the pills... but it is unclear if I can still take the shake if I am mixing the powder with fruit so I still try to stagger it.

Starting today, I take 5 capsules of SP Green Food, two times per day (this replaces the SP Cleanse capsules).

I am not going to sugar coat it, this is probably too regimented for some people... and it is hard to do unless you feel pretty committed.  I am proud of myself for making it through both parties yesterday without slipping.  My only "cheat" from my list of foods I am able to eat, is that I have used canned organic tomatoes and organic tomato juice in the Gazpacho and in the Poblano soup... along with organic Vegetable Stock.  I checked the ingredient lists for hidden sugar, oil, or other ingredients besides vegetables, and did not see any so I am ok with this little change (the diet calls for fresh or frozen only).

Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Amy!! Great job sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! It was great to catch up with you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete